Ways to Volunteer
We are honored by your interest in our mission and greatly value our volunteers. There are many opportunities to volunteer at Good Grief and make a meaningful impact in the lives of grieving children!
- Office Volunteers
- Night of Support Helpers
- Event Volunteers
- Internship Opportunities
How to Become a Volunteer
To get started, we strongly encourage interested volunteers to learn more about Good Grief by attending one of our tours. To see specific tour dates, see our Tour Schedule page, and either call our office at 908-522-1999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
If one of the above opportunities is something you would like to do, please contact our Volunteer Recruiter at 908-522-1999 x8003 or email email@example.com. We hope you will be able to join us!
How to Become an Intern
Interns will have the opportunity to assist with the planning, development, and implementation of organizational initiatives for both the Program and Development divisions. These opportunities will give the interns a hands-on experience and insight into the management of a non-profit organization. Interns will help support the direct service portion of Good Grief’s mission. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitating peer support groups on our Nights of Support
- Setting up our weekly Night of Support
- Assisting with data entry
- Helping with the planning of program events and assisting development staff with mailings, research, outreach and fundraising events
- Conducting ongoing research of local organizations and key constituents for community outreach and workshops
- Assisting in community events
If you are looking for an internship, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, indicate whether you are interested in interning at our Morristown or Princeton center. Additionally, specify which semester (fall, spring, or summer) you plan to apply for.